How I Lost 8 Pounds – How You Can Too!
How I Lost 8 Pounds
Well, you read correctly!
I lost 8 pounds in the span of 8 days. Yes, 8 pounds! Now I’m super excited about it because if you haven’t been reading I’ve been in a weight loss rut as of late. I recently started my fitness journey and have been pushing myself to do better eating wise and fitness wise. My problem has never been the exercising, it’s always been the eating part.
My Biggest Problem…
See now, I love food. I mean come on! Who doesn’t! There are so many great delicacies out there to try. Mexican food, Chinese Food, Korean food, heck even Indian!
My stomach loves food and all things tasty. You should check out my Pinterest boards if you don’t believe me! However, I am so determined to lose this college weight and become snatched again.
How I Did It!
I lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks by doing a few simple things that I think will help you kickstart your weight loss, and get the show on the road! Here we go! Let’s dive into it!
1. Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day
– Now a gallon of water may seem like a lot of water to drink, but once you start drinking water you begin to crave it. One thing that really helped me was getting some flavored water enhancers such as Mio, Dasani Drops, or even Koolaid drops.
I even bought myself a cute little water bottle at Target that would help me with my water drinking habits. Filling my water bottle up multiple times a day and drinking when the time was right really helped me out in the long run. One app that also will help is an app called Plant Nanny. Love that app!
2. Counting my Calories Again
– I could write several posts about this as well, as I am a big calorie counting advocate. I love being able to actively quantify what I’m putting in my mouth I use My Fitness Pal by the way!
3. Walking a Mile a Day
– I wanted to start small and start working on something that I already knew how to do. The rule is, that you have to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. I started walking outside, at my local track, and in the local gym. Soon enough, I was walking a mile with no problem at all. 10,000 steps here I come!
4.Chatting to People About My Goals
– It held me more accountable. I didn’t want to disappoint people or chicken out! I had to stick to my word! Telling people your goals can help you stay on track and motivate yourself.
5. Realized it Was Going to Take Some Time
– I realized that it was going to take some time to get the weight off and I shouldn’t be so hard on myself. Losing weight is a slow process and you just have to enjoy the ride.
These are some things that I did in the past two weeks (and what I’ll continue to do) to lose weight! I lost about 8 pounds total and I can’t be happier with the progress that I’ve made! Tell me, are you losing weight? What are your tips and tricks? Peace and Love ♡